Thursday, November 8, 2007

Apple - a customer support nightmare!

I was promised an answer, but never got one.So I went ahead and did that, I ordered my new laptop with the new Mac OS 10.5 installed, and agreed to pay the extra for the keyboard.When the order arrived last Friday all hell broke loose: I was send a computer with OS 10.4 installed not OS 10.5.I received an extra box and had to install OS 10.5 myself.Then I discovered I had been charged extra for the Mac OS 10.5, I had to pay for one old and one new operating system.Next I discovered a new spec computer had been launched and I had been send the old one.I used the migration assistant to move all files across to my new computer and at first all seemed fine.I then gave my old computer to someone else and reformatted it.You guessed it, as soon as I had done that my new computer started having problems, no calendar or address book data anymore,then my email started going and so on - I rebooted and that was that - I could no longer log in.I called tech support and after waiting for about 20 to 25 minutes, I was told the FileVault is the problem a "known" issue.... That was not possible - so I said I would order a new computer, pay for it again and when I received the new one, I would send the old one back and get a refund.At this point Nicole (after-sales support) took pity on me and said she would get an supervisor to call, he/she could get me a computer before I had to send the old one back.You guessed it the supervisor did not call, so I called again after 20 minutes waiting time I was told to wait my turn.

Read More...

[Source: THE SMALL BUSINESS BLOG]